2020 Undergraduate Juried Exhibition
November 13, 2020 – December 4, 2020
The Stamps School’s annual Undergraduate Juried Exhibition is a showcase of the best work produced by Stamps undergraduate students.
In 2020, the Undergraduate Juried Exhibition shifts from its traditional format to a “digital first” exhibition featuring photo documentation and video artist statements of student work online. Students will be engaged in a virtual public event hosted by Stamps Gallery.
A highly anticipated Stamps School tradition, the Undergraduate Juried Exhibition provides an opportunity for the school to support students whose creative work is recognized as exceptional by invited jurors, with awards announced at the top of the exhibition.
This year has provided artists, designers, curators, and cultural institutions around the world with an opportunity to investigate how audiences can engage with creative work presented on digital platforms. Documentation of creative work, alongside an artist’s or designer’s ability to communicate effectively about their work, plays a critical role in sparking audience connection. It is an increasingly valuable skill for our students to master as they seek to bring their work to the general public in dynamic new ways.
Selection Process + Criteria:
In 2020, juror selections will be based solely on digital documentation of work. Juror selection criteria is unchanged from previous years: jurors will be looking for “creative work that is exceptional in ambition, content, and skill.” Video artist statements are not part of the submission process; only those who are accepted into the exhibition by the jurors will be required to record a brief video.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate major in the Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design.
- Eligible students may submit one work.
- Time-based work must be submitted as a YouTube/Vimeo link.
- What to submit: your very best work. All styles, media, and materials are welcome, including fine art, design, small-scale, large-scale, 2-D, 3-D, and time-based work.
- Use our our online submission form
- Deadline: all submissions must be received by 10 am on Friday, October 16, 2020.
- Call for Work: Wednesday, September 16
- Deadline for Submissions: Friday, October 16
- Juror Decisions Announced: Monday, October 26
- Video Artist Statements Due for Accepted Submissions: Monday, November 2 at 10 am
- Awards Announced: Friday, November 13
- Virtual Exhibition Reception Event: Saturday, November 14