Application window: April 15 - May 15
These instructions are for applicants who are already U-M Ann Arbor students, but wish to pursue a dual degree with Stamps. If you are an LSA student who has NOT declared a major, please be sure to read the special section below.
- Applicants for Dual Degrees: download and fill out the Application for MDDP Form (PDF). Leave program/major advisor and Dean’s office signatures blank.
- Prepare a portfolio of 10-12 pieces, including at least 2 design or direct observation drawings. Compile images or video files of your work in a Google Slides Presentation or PDF. Include a title, the medium, and a short description for each work.
- Submit the form from step 1, along with your portfolio from step 2, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line "Stamps MDDP Application | Your Last Name".
- Receive decision by June 15
- Register for Stamps courses after June 15
MDDP (dual-degree) requirements:
At least 30 credits earned at U-M
At least a 3.0 GPA
If you believe you will come close to, but fall short of, the 30 credit minimum requirement, please talk to a Stamps admissions counselor at email@example.com.
Please Note: If you are an LSA student who has NOT declared a major and you wish to pursue a dual degree with Stamps, you will need to complete the following sequence of actions:
Apply to Stamps using the Cross Campus Transfer Form (PDF) and process noted above on this page. In the field that asks you to indicate your interest, note that you are an undeclared LSA student who plans to pursue a dual degree.
If you are admitted to Stamps and you accept, you will be a Stamps student and no longer be an LSA student.
Once you have completed the requirements to be able to declare a major with LSA, complete the Application for MDDP Form (PDF)
, gather all necessary Stamps signatures, and follow LSA’s admissions process and timeline for MDDP applications.