Skip to Content

Dual Degrees

The Stamps School offers dual degrees with other University of Michigan schools and colleges.

IP Guest Critiques 1019 2

Cur­rent U‑M stu­dents are eli­gi­ble to apply for a dual degree with the Stamps School of Art & Design and any other U‑M Ann Arbor school or col­lege.

Stu­dents who wish to pur­sue two degrees — one from the the Stamps School of Art & Design (BFA in Art & Design or BA in Art & Design), and a sec­ond from another aca­d­e­mic unit (school or col­lege) — should read the bulletins/​handbooks of both units care­fully, plan a pro­gram of study that meets the degree require­ments for both units, and meet with an aca­d­e­mic advi­sor in the tar­get school or college.

The fol­low­ing guide­lines apply:

  • A min­i­mum of 30 cred­its (close to one year of cred­its) must be com­pleted on the Ann Arbor cam­pus before a stu­dent may apply for a dual degree pro­gram, and the cumu­la­tive grade point aver­age for work com­pleted on the Ann Arbor cam­pus must be at least 3.0.
  • The stu­dent meets with a rep­re­sen­ta­tive of the sec­ond unit to deter­mine the process of admis­sion into their pro­gram, the pro­ce­dure for pur­su­ing the sec­ond degree, and to obtain sig­na­ture approval for MDDP sta­tus. The sec­ond aca­d­e­m­ic unit will likely require addi­tion­al evi­dence of abil­i­ty such as a for­mal admis­sion process, com­ple­tion of spe­cif­ic cours­es, and/​or an audition.
  • The stu­dent must obtain writ­ten per­mis­sion to pur­sue a dual degree from both aca­d­e­mic units. To do this, down­load, fill out, and sub­mit the Appli­ca­tion for MDDP Form (PDF).

Note: The infor­ma­tion on this page is for cur­rent U‑M under­grad­u­ate stu­dents inter­est­ed in a dual degree involv­ing Stamps.

If you are a prospec­tive stu­dent look­ing for infor­ma­tion about apply­ing to U‑M as a dual major, learn more about the admis­sion process here.