Art & Architecture Building
Our 70,000 sq. ft. main facility is located on the University’s North Campus, along with the School of Music, Theatre & Dance, the Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning, the College of Engineering, the Duderstadt Center, and Pierpont Commons.
The following well-equipped studios are a part of the main facility - check out our Studios page for detailed information, including images and videos.
- Ceramics Studio: Large-scale gas kilns, electric kilns, outdoor firing areas, glazing and clay mixing.
- Computational Media Studios: Tools for programming and interactive projects with kinetics, light, and sound.
- Design Studios: Letterpress and space for team projects and critiques.
- Digital Fabrication Studios: 3D Printing, CNC Milling/Routing, Vinyl Cutting, and Laser Cutting equipment.
- Digital Print Lab: Calibrated workstations, scanners, and archival inkjet printers.
- Drawing Studios: Drawing stations and model platforms with natural light.
- Equipment Checkout Room: Students can reserve audio/visual equipment, drawing and animation tools.
- Fibers Studio: equipment for sewing, loom weaving, dye, and screen printing.
- Maskell Metals Studios: Machine tools, gas and electric welding, and metal-forming tools for large metals processes and metalsmithing/jewelry design.
- Painting Studios: Ventilated studios for oil-based and water-based painting.
- Photo/Video Studio: Space for photography and video production, with backdrops and lighting.
- Print Media Studios: Equipment for relief, intaglio, and planographic processes.
- Sculpture Studio: Foundry, wax and plaster, and equipment gas and electric welding.
- Video Lab: Workstations equipped with hardware and software for digital video editing.
- Woodshop: Power and hand tools for working with wood.
All seniors in the School’s BFA and BA programs are assigned individual studios within the Art & Architecture Building.
The Art & Architecture building also houses offices for Stamps faculty and staff, additional classrooms, and an 180-seat auditorium.
2000 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor MI 48109-2069
Faculty and Graduate Studios
The School of Art & Design maintains faculty/graduate studio facilities off-campus at 1919 Green Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. This 33,000 square foot facility accommodates all of the School’s faculty and graduate students in one building, with 66 private studios for all full-time faculty and graduate students, large shared working and meeting spaces, wood, metal and multi-purpose shops and a digital media studio.
1919 Green Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109