Each cohort comprises graduate students who wish to transform their professional careers through critical thinking and making, and systematic analysis and investigation of complex, real-world problems.
Hand-picked with an eye for diverse global perspectives and knowledge from across the design disciplines and beyond, the MDes cohort is relatively small in size, ensuring optimal collaboration in an environment where all members are seen, heard, and active.
Successful applicants will be:
- Collaborators seeking an integrative design approach to solving complex problems
- Creative Leaders looking to push the design discipline and industry forward
- Experienced Designers wishing to transform their career path or professionals in other fields who want to transition to a design-engaged practice
- Career Changers proficient in specialized, complementary skills they would like to incorporate into an integrative approach
- Researchers prepared to revise and expand their understanding of cross-disciplinary research and design methods
- Innovators with a commitment to social innovation, sustainability, and change for the common good
- Self-Starters excited to bring together people and resources to create sustainable change
We have a strong placement rate for our graduates, who leave the program with a roster of industry contacts, the ability to leverage the power of cross-disciplinary collaboration in unprecedented ways, and expertise in the application of STEEPVAE.