50% of your Stamps admissions decision is based on your portfolio.
In this video, Stamps Recruiting Coordinator Juliana gives inside information on the kinds of work we like to see and tips on how to make your portfolio stand out.
Your portfolio should include:
- 12-15 pieces of your best and most recent work
- 2 design or direct observation drawings
Keep in mind:
- Emphasize experimentation, concept, and a range of media
- Include class assignments and self-directed work
- Answer the question, “Why did I create this?” for each work's description
- Your application will be considered complete only after you have submitted your portfolio.
We know that each school is different, and it can be challenging to consider what to include when curating your portfolio. The Stamps Admissions Team would be happy to provide some feedback to assist in informing your decisions about which pieces would benefit your Stamps portfolio submission! If you are interested in an informal portfolio review, you can submit 3-5 of your strongest images using our online Portfolio Review Form. We will respond to your submission and provide informal feedback within 5-10 business days. Our informal portfolio reviews are available from May 1 to October 31 each year.
Submitting Your Portfolio
Early deadline : November 15
Regular deadline : February 1
Portfolios are submitted through SlideRoom. You will receive a link to SlideRoom through your Common Application.
There is a $10 transaction fee to submit your portfolio. Students who receive a Common Application fee waiver will automatically receive a SlideRoom fee waiver.
For technical assistance with SlideRoom, visit support.slideroom.com.