50% of your Stamps admissions decision is based on your portfolio.
In this video, Stamps Recruiting Coordinator Juliana gives inside information on the kinds of work we like to see and tips on how to make your portfolio stand out.
Your portfolio should include:
- 12-15 pieces of your best and most recent work
- 2 design or direct observation drawings
Keep in mind:
- Emphasize experimentation, concept, and a range of media
- Include class assignments and self-directed work
- Answer the question, “Why did I create this?” for each work's description
- Your application will be considered complete only after you have submitted your portfolio.
If you are interested in an informal portfolio review prior to your application, you can submit 3-5 of your strongest images using our online Portfolio Review Form. We will respond to your submission and provide informal feedback within 10 business days.
Submitting Your Portfolio
Early deadline : November 1
Regular deadline : February 1
Portfolios are submitted through SlideRoom. You will receive a link to SlideRoom through your Common Application.
There is a $10 transaction fee to submit your portfolio. Students who receive a Common Application fee waiver will automatically receive a SlideRoom fee waiver.
For technical assistance with SlideRoom, visit support.slideroom.com.