Course Listings & Descriptions
Note: Our course schedule is subject to change, so visit Wolverine Access for updates. And for best results, read this information BEFORE you request an override.
For Stamps Majors
- For general information about degree requirements, registration and overrides, consult your Student Handbook.
- If you have a quick question, email AskanAdvisor@umich.edu. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, go to stamps.genbook.com.
- If a course or course section is closed, add your name to the waitlist. Overrides are issued daily and expire at midnight. Check your UM email daily if you expect an override. Scroll down below for more information on overrides.
- ARTDES 170-189 are courses for non-majors. You will not receive graduation credit if you enroll in one of these courses.
For Stamps Minors
- Stamps minors must be officially declared to receive priority consideration for a seat in a course. If the course is not listed on your minor declaration, you probably will not get an override. If it is, you have a high possibility of getting it! Prospective minors should begin their exploration here.
- Scroll down to About Stamps (ARTDES) Courses below and read the information about Stamps (ARTDES) courses and about overrides. We are glad to have you in our courses as space permits.
For Graduate Students
- Graduate students who want to enroll in courses numbered 100-399 should attend the first class meeting and request an override from the instructor at that time. Graduate students who wish to take a 400-level course should contact the instructor to discuss their qualifications for the course.
About Stamps (ARTDES) Courses
- Courses numbered 100-151 are open to Stamps majors, and to Stamps minors and other undergraduate students, by override and if space permits. Students who enroll in these courses can drop only with permission of the department.
- ARTDES 160, the Penny Stamps lecture series, is open to all UM undergraduates. Eighty seats are reserved for Stamps minors and non-majors.
- Courses numbered 170-189 are open to undergraduate non-majors. Overrides are issued from the waitlist only. If you want a seat in the class, you must add your name to the waitlist.
- Courses numbered 190-199 are open to all UM undergraduates. Overrides are issued from the waitlist only. If you want a seat in the class, you must add your name to the waitlist.
- Courses numbered 200-499 are open to Stamps majors and to Stamps minors, by override. You can request an override below.
- Most courses in Stamps have course fees. If you withdraw from a course within the first 3 weeks, your course fee will be refunded. Course fees for specific courses can be found by clicking on the course description in the course guide.
- During registration, the Stamps Advising Blog has helpful information on registration, especially regarding the addition of new courses or course sections.
ABOUT STAMPS OVERRIDES
General information about overrides:
- Overrides issued in the morning before noon will expire that evening at midnight. Overrides issued after noon will expire the next day at midnight. Students hoping for an override should check their UM email daily after 12 pm.
- Once an override has expired, it will not be re-issued.
- Overrides are issued only to your U-M email address.
- To submit a request for an override to add a course, fill out this form.
- Students who wish to drop a course (only ARTDES 100-151) should choose “Drop” when they fill out this form.
Override information for minors and non-majors
- Overrides are issued on a space available basis. Overrides for minors and non-majors will be issued by Friday, August 28.
You may request an override for any Stamps course numbered 100-151 or 200-499 by filling out this form. For all other Stamps courses you must add your name to the waitlist and wait for an override.