Course Listings & Descriptions
- Looking for courses for students from other U-M Units or Minors in Art & Design? Stamps offers a special series of Non-Major Studios, and most Foundations courses, as well as most Elective Studios, are open to Stamps Minors.
- Schedule is subject to change; visit Wolverine Access for the most up-to-date information.
- For important information about registering, overrides, degree requirements and more, consult the Student Handbook. If you started at Stamps before 2013, different requirements apply - you can download each year's undergraduate handbook here.
- Need Advising help? If you have a quick question, email AskanAdvisor@umich.edu. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, go to: stamps.genbook.com.
- Closed Courses? Add yourself to the waitlist. Check your U-M email daily for messages and/or overrides.
- Reserved Seats: If the section you want doesn't have a seat available, try another one.
If you’d like to get into a Stamps course that’s already full, get on the waitlist for that course on Wolverine Access. Keep in mind that ARTDES 170 - 189 are for non-majors, and you will not receive credit for those courses.
Final Help Day for walk-in assistance with your schedule is Thursday, April 12, 4:00 - 6:00. See the Advising Blog for additional information, and read the “IMPORTANT” section below.
Non-Majors, Declared Art & Design Minors, Graduate Students:
ARTDES 100-130: Fill out this form for each course you are interested in taking.
ARTDES 170-416: Fill out this form, and if you’re not yet on the waitlist for the course you’re interested in, then get on it in Wolverine Access. Overrides are granted if there is room in a class and if students meet the prerequisites of the course. To check the prerequisites for a given course, check the listing in the course guide.
Overrides for non-majors will be issued on Monday, April 16, and thereafter on a space-available basis. Note: declared minors receive preference.
- Getting an override to add or drop a course gives you permission to add or drop it on Wolverine Access. It does not mean that you have already added or dropped the course. After receiving permission, you will still need to enroll in the course or drop it.
- Overrides are issued to your UM email address.
- Overrides issued in the morning before noon will expire that evening at midnight. Overrides issued after noon will expire the next day at midnight. Once an override has expired, it will not be re-issued.