August 19, 2017
201 South Division Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Open to the public
Free of charge
Each year, our Alumni exhibition offers an opportunity for Stamps graduates from across the country and internationally to share their current creative work.
The theme for the 2017 Stamps Alumni Juried Exhibition is “Ambiguities/Innuendoes? Go Fish.”
We are very pleased to welcome Brian Kennedy, the President, Director, and CEO of the Toledo Museum of Art, as the juror for this show. Kennedy selected three grand prize recipients and ten honorable mentions, with cash awards thanks to the generous support of Alumni Association of the University of Michigan.
Grand Prize Recipients
- Cynthia Greig – Representation no. 65 (fan)
- Katie St. Clair – Swale
- Alisa Yang – Please Come Again
- Kelly Hartigan Goldstein – but…it’s a banana
- Lenea Howe – Norm Walker
- Leisa Rich – Disco Metastasis
- Robert Sedestrom – Chaulk Talk
- Michelle Sider – One the Side of the Road
- Mark Sisson – Portrait of Emma Shore: What Price Education?
- Russell Thayer – Wind Rapids
- Marjorie Tomchuk – Confluence II
- Zoë Widmer – Myself in a Series
- Robin Wilt – Fish & Unfish & still FIO
Work is on view at the new Stamps Gallery. This exhibition runs concurrently with the Ann Arbor Art Fair (July 20 — 23, 2017). With 8,000 square feet of exhibition space and a new downtown location, the Juried Alumni Show is the perfect way to celebrate the University of Michigan’s Bicentennial in 2017.