Description: The Stamps Professional Development Grant is available for Stamps undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking financial support to expand their creative portfolio, contributing to their growth as an artist or designer. This grant supports the development of skills, knowledge, and frameworks that artists and designers need to advance professionally. Examples of approved grant requests involve attending conferences or workshops, or to help with exhibition-related expenses outside of Stamps. Professional development funds cannot be used for costs associated with meeting the requirements of a degree program. Grants typically do not exceed more than $250 per applicant.
To request funding, please complete this form.
- Any currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at the Stamps School of Art & Design
- Any currently active student organization registered and in good standing through the Stamps School of Art & Design and the Center for Campus Involvement
- Professional Development requests have to meet the standards set by the Student Life unit at Stamps which reads as follows - Attending conferences or workshops, or to help with exhibition-related expenses
- The professional development opportunity, for which the funds are being requested, has to be completed prior to the student's graduation date
- Funding is only provided once a semester per applicant
- Funding can be used to support internships with Stamps faculty members
Preparing for Application Process:
- Review eligibility criteria
- Submit an application by completing the application form. Questions within the application process include:
- Applicant or student organization contact information
- If applying as an organization - org name, shortcode, and project grant (for student organizations)
- What professional development opportunity are you looking to fund?
- How does this professional development contribute to your professional development as a creative?
- What is the anticipated completion date of the initiative?
- How much are you requesting? You will be expected to upload a forecasted expense budget.
- Adherence to grant expectations
- Funding decision will be communicated to you via email
Grant recipients are expected to:
- Applications must contain a detailed budget with anticipated expenses for the professional development
- Provide any pertinent updates/changes to the Stamps Student Life staff (email@example.com) about the initiative (i.e. change of date, time, or location; no longer needing the professional development grant; etc…)
- Acknowledge the support of the Stamps School of Art & Design on promotional platforms/materials (as applicable)
- Provide any expense receipts after the professional development opportunity is completed (as applicable)
- Complete the Stamps Professional Development Grant Recipient Survey. As part of this survey, recipients will provide a thank you letter to the donor(s) responsible for supporting the Stamps Professional Development Grant
Failure to meet these requirements may result in the termination of the funding agreement.
Funds cannot be used for:
- Costs associated with meeting the requirements of a degree program
- Costs associated with Stamps hallmark events and exhibitions such as the Undergraduate Juried Exhibition, Stamps Senior Exhibition, etc…
- Costs associated with classes/courses outside of the Stamps School
- Opportunities that do not comply with the law and/or institutional policies
- Funds cannot be used to directly benefit charity, fundraising efforts, or profit-making initiatives
- Alcoholic beverages and other drugs
For any questions regarding the Stamps Professional Development Grant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.