The Jain Industry Partnerships Program is a pilot program to introduce Stamps students to creative careers and creative possibilities in sectors they may not have considered (corporate, government, etc.). This program is made possible by a generous donation from Anurag Jain, MBA ‘95.
While any Stamps student may apply for the pilot program, first- and second-year students will be given preference. The program consists of:
- Six lectures or workshops in the Winter 2024 semester
- Individual mentoring with corporate employees in participating organizations (monthly minimum)
You must apply and be accepted into the program. Please note that all of the time commitments are on Friday afternoons in the Winter 2024 semester, so selected students may not schedule a class at that time.
- December 1: Mandatory orientation to the program
- January 12: Lecture or workshop TBD
- January 26: Lecture or workshop TBD
- February 9: Lecture or workshop TBD
- February 16: Lecture or workshop TBD
- March 8: Lecture or workshop TBD
- March 22: Lecture or workshop TBD
- At least one mentoring meeting per month
- April 5: End-of-year celebration!
Lecture and workshop topics currently under consideration include the following:
- Personal Branding (workshop)
- Pitching your own brand: How do you talk about yourself? (workshop)
- Transferable Skills and how to demonstrate them (lecture)
- What makes for an effective portfolio? (workshop)
- Networking, in-person and digital (lecture)
- Networking for Introverts
- Extroverts and how do we chill out?
- What I didn’t know and how I learned it (lecture)
- How does the real world work?
Please note that in addition to the selected students for the program, all students are welcome to attend the larger lectures. Only selected students for the program will attend the workshops due to space constraints.
How to Apply
The application will open on September 11, 2023 and close on October 9, 2023. Selected students will be notified by an announcement at the end of October 2023. We anticipate about 15 to 30 students will be selected for this year’s cohort.
Start Your Application
Benefits for Students
- Connect with recruiters, current professionals, and industry leaders in corporate and other sectors.
- Acquire skills and knowledge about careers and pathways in the corporate and other sectors that they may not otherwise know about.
- The opportunity to network with, and connect with, mentors who can guide them and prepare them for positions in their industry.
Participating Industry Partners
The following organizations have committed to the program as initial industry partners.
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. We make the things that you live in, the things you move in, the elevated versions of the things you wear closest to your body every day. Socks, underwear and tees, but with premium materials and a big focus on fit for real bodies. Our mission since day one has been to help those experiencing homelessness. That’s why for every item purchased, we donate one to those in need. We’ve donated more than 100 million items to more than 3,500 community organizations to date.
Doner is a collective of left and right brains alike who come together for creative good. We’re a full-service agency with offices in L.A., Detroit, Chicago and the East Coast. From strategy to creative, we have a spirit of scrappiness that asks, “What If?” And with over 80 years of heritage and forward-thinking, we have the skill to pull it off.
Newell Brands is a leading consumer products company with a portfolio of iconic brands such as Graco, Coleman, Oster, Rubbermaid and Sharpie, and 28,000 talented employees around the world. We aspire to delight consumers by lighting up everyday moments. Newell Brands boasts an award-winning in-house design team, across multiple locations, that offer a specialized focus on design and innovation through diverse perspectives. Kalamazoo, Michigan is home to our global design HQ.
New York City Tourism + Conventions
New York City Tourism + Conventions is the official tourism marketing organization of NYC. We are the exclusive stewards of the New York City brand, providing unmatched access through our owned channels to travel-ready audiences around the world with award-wining content and globally renowned programs. We connect visitors, locals, businesses, and government alike to spread the economic benefits of the City’s tourism economy across all our stakeholders and partners.
Atomic Object helps companies innovate and grow by creating custom software that’s beautiful, reliable, and easy to use. We develop products that cross-web, mobile, desktop, and custom devices. Predictable projects; uncommonly good software. With offices in Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Chicago, we serve a national base of clients across many industries. Employee-owned; since 2001.
Additional industry partners will be added as they join the program.
The program will be run by Stamps Faculty Champion Seder Burns, who will assist in running workshops and lectures and coordinate with Stamps faculty and participating organizations.
For any questions, please contact Stamps-JIP@umich.edu.