Info on research funding opportunities, U-M research resources, and more.
Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion Team Grants
Grants for joint faculty, student, and staff research. Projects should be developed in reaction to a relevant social issue or proactively address a social issue (within a 6-month timeframe). This scheme will fund up to 4 grants of $3,000 each. Each team applying is required to have members from at least 3 of these 5 Stamps communities:
- undergraduate students
- graduate students
- tenure track/tenured faculty
- lecturer faculty
Research Resources: Stamps/Internal
Use these resources to learn about opportunities for research funding in Art & Design, and guides on how to write for academic journals and book chapters.
Research Resources: U-M
Learn about available research resources at the University of Michigan, including:
- University of Michigan Office of Research: a compiled set of research resources from the UMOR office
- Research Commons: Hub for internal research funding opportunities at U-M
- Pivot Research Funding Tool: searchable tool for finding funding opportunities
- The U-M Library Research Guide for Art & Design provides information about basic art and design resources at the University of Michigan.
- The U-M Library Research Funding & Grants Guide is a complete list of U-M resources and training opportunities that can help you prepare your next grant
- Proposal Library: A collection of successful proposals to look at for examples.
- Michigan Research Experts Database is a searchable database of research expertise across disciplines, including more than 5,000 faculty members across U-M. Here you’ll find information about a researcher’s publications, grants, and patents.
- The MICHR Research Development Core offers free in-person consultations for any U-M investigator doing clinical and health research and provides support and advice on grant writing, research ideas, and study design.
U-M Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Learn more about the University of Michigan Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, a primary source for externally sponsored grants that directs you through all steps of the grant, from writing a proposal to closing out a funded project.