Think of this as “speed dating” for portfolio review. While you are free to comment on the content, what you, as a reviewer, need to focus on more is “effectiveness” in terms of how the student has categorized their work on their online portfolio and how they present/speak about their work. Students have 15 minutes to present their portfolio before moving on to the next reviewer.
By participating in this program, volunteers will:
- Provide feedback on student work
- Provide advice on the effectiveness of how the students prepare and present their work
- Help students better understand what makes a portfolio effective (especially for submission to internship and job opportunities)
- Make connections to students that can possibly lead to more interaction (mentorship, future advice, etc.)
This is an in-person program held at the Stamps School.
- This program is offered once per semester, usually in November and January, on a Friday
- This program is ideal for alums living in SE Michigan who want to support current students.
Sign Up Today