October 10, 2013
Recipients have been announced for 2013 Stamps Creative Work Scholarships, an initiative created by Penny and Roe Stamps to support the creative work of our continuing students.
This academic year marks the inauguration of this highly competitive award, available to second, third and fourth year students in recognition of outstanding work. Fifty Stamps students completed the application and submitted work for review. Six were chosen to receive a $5000 tuition scholarship for 2013-2014.
The recipients of the first Stamps Creative Work Scholarships for Continuing Students are:
- Carisa Bledsoe, a senior BFA in Interarts Performance student from Memphis, TN
- Corinn Lewis, a senior BFA in Art and Design student from Traverse City, MI
- Sam Oliver, a junior BFA in Art and Design student from New York, NY
- Holly Prouty, a junior BFA in Art and Design student from Ada, MI, jointly enrolled with LSA
- Paige Rutkowski, a senior BFA in Interarts Performance student from Beverly Hills, MI
- Diane Thach, a senior BFA in Art and Design student from Burton, MI
Congratulations to these students, and thanks to the Stamps faculty members who reviewed and evaluated the applications: Jan-Henrik Andersen, Adrian Deva, Holly Hughes, Rebekah Modrak, Stephanie Rowden, Katie Rubin, and Sherri Smith. Thanks also to Assistant Dean Joann McDaniel for coordinating the process.
A call for submissions for the 2014-2015 Stamps Creative Work Scholarships will be announced in the spring.
Diane Thach: Jacket made in CFC I - Winter 2011 out of Ziploc Bags. This jacket can be worn and reused to contain whatever the user needs are, meant to cut down on waste of bags and for convienience.