BFA in Interarts Performance
Application deadline : December 1
- Submit a completed Common Application or Coalition Application. During the application process, you'll submit a portfolio through Slideroom.
Keep in mind:
- College Search: University of Michigan
- U-M College or School to which you are applying: Interarts Performance
- Portfolio: Answer "Yes" and follow prompts
- Program of Study: Interarts Performance BFA
- Recommenders: 1 Counselor (Coalition App) OR 1 School Report (Common App), 1 Academic Teacher, and 1 Art/Design Teacher
- Request an official copy of your transcript from your high school.
- Send test scores directly to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor:
- Schedule an audition with the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
At your audition, you will be asked to present a short (2-4 minute) performance piece that demonstrates your own area of performance skill or interest, (puppetry, dance, animal impersonations, martial art, etc…). You may also be asked to improvise a short biographical monologue, e.g., "What I like/dislike about riding bicycles."
You should be prepared with the following items on your scheduled audition date:
- Résumé: a typed résumé that includes your previous art and theatre experience and training. Include any dance or music background in addition to roles performed.
- Bring a photo (black and white or color) with a good likeness.
- Brief personal statement: Bring to the audition/interview a short essay (no longer than two double-spaced pages) describing reasons for choosing the Interarts Performance program. This may include goals, professional ambitions, and ideas about the field itself.
Questions? Contact the Stamps Admissions Team.