Stamps Gallery Director Srimoyee Mitra will be a featured speaker at Culture Track Detroit Launch Event on June 12, 2018.
Culture Track surveys highlight the latest trends in consumer habits — how people want to consume culture, where they want it, how they want it, and the ever-shifting definitions around what “culture” is.
Culture Track, an initiative of LaPlaca Cohen, is dedicated to addressing the most pressing challenges facing the worlds of culture and creativity. New behaviors are driving digital engagement, loyalty, and giving. And measuring, proving, and articulating social impact has never been more important in the eyes of cultural consumers.
Previous launch events have taken place at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, SITE Santa Fe, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Institute of Contemporary Art Miami, Minneapolis Institute of Art, TheTimesCenter New York City, and more.
Culture Track speakers include:
- Maggie Hartnick, Managing Director
- Diane Jean-Mary, Associate Director of Strategy and Innovation
You won’t just hear data at this event. Local leaders will share their thoughts as to how cultural trends are impacting their work, and what they see moving forward for Southeast Michigan. This will then lead us into an interactive discussion.
- Peter Bhatia, Editor & Vice President, Detroit Free Press
- John M. Erb, President, Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation
- Dr. Tonya Matthews, President & CEO, Michigan Science Center
- Srimoyee Mitra, Director, Stamps Gallery, University of Michigan