Stamps Diversity and Inclusion Advisor Brian Banks was recently honored as one of six recipients of the inaugural University of Michigan Staff Impact Awards.
Six individuals, four supervisors and four teams were presented with the inaugural University of Michigan Staff Impact Awards on Monday.
Kevin Hegarty, executive vice president and chief financial officer, opened the presentation ceremony at the Michigan League Ballroom and presented certificates in conjunction with members of the award selection committee.
“The amazing dedication, effort and talent of our staff is absolutely critical for us to meet our missions of education and care,” said Hegarty, addressing the award recipients. “Which is why I am so passionate about honoring and celebrating your truly transformative service with these awards. I am truly in awe of your efforts and the work we all do as a staff community.”
The awards recognized individual staff members, those staff who supervise others, and teams of staff members.
The individual award recipients are:
- Amanda Krugliak, assistant director of arts programing, Institute for the Humanities, LSA.
- Roger Arnett, sound engineer, School of Music, Theatre & Dance.
- Jeffery Harrold, coordinator for academic standards and special populations, LSA Student Academic Affairs.
- Brian Banks, diversity and inclusion adviser, Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design.
- Jacqueline Bowman, lead counselor and program specialist, Center for the Education of Women.
- Mona Munroe-Younis, program manager, School of Public Health.