Preparing Your Portfolio
Your portfolio is an essential component of your application to the Stamps School of Art & Design.
At Stamps, 50% of your admissions decision is based on your portfolio. In this video, Stamps Recruiting Coordinator Juliana gives inside information on the kinds of work we like to see and tips on how to make your portfolio stand out.
Your portfolio should include:
- 12-15 pieces of your best and most recent work
- 2 design or direct observation drawings
Keep in mind:
- Emphasize experimentation, concept, and a range of media
- Include class assignments and self-directed work
- Answer the question, “Why did I create this?” for each work's description
- Your application will be considered complete only after you have submitted your portfolio.
- To be considered for Early Action, application and portfolio must be submitted by November 1. All portfolios and applications are due by the final deadline, February 1.
Submitting Your Portfolio
Early Action deadline : November 1
Regular Decision deadline : February 1
Portfolios are submitted through SlideRoom. You will receive a link to SlideRoom through your Common Application.
There is a $10 transaction fee to submit your portfolio. To request a fee waiver, contact us at email@example.com.
For technical assistance with SlideRoom, visit support.slideroom.com.