Art & Architecture Building
Our 70,000 sq. ft. main facility is located on the University’s North Campus, along with the School of Music, Theatre & Dance; the Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning; the College of Engineering; the Duderstadt Center, and Pierpont Commons. The following well-equipped studios are a part of the main facility - check out our Studios page for detailed information, including images and videos.
- Clay Studios: Large-scale gas kilns, electric kilns, outdoor firing areas, glazing and clay mixing.
- Electromechanical Studio: Power and electronic tools for kinetics, light, and sound.
- Fibers Studio: Sewing, loom weaving, dye, and screen print.
- Multipurpose Studios: Minimally equipped spaces for non-equipment-dependent work.
- Painting Studios: Easels for oil-based and water-based work with natural light.
- Drawing Studios: Drawing stations and model platforms with natural light.
- Physical Computing Studios: Rapid prototyping and CNC routers.
- Print Media Studios: Medium and large format inkjet printers, workstations for film and flatbed scanning, etching presses, and lithography presses.
- Sculpture Studios: Foundry, wax and plaster, gas and electric welding.
- Metals Studios (Maskell Studios): Machine tools, gas and electric welding, and metal forming tools.
- Video Studio: Workstations for digital video editing and DVD authoring.
- Wood Studio: Power tools, hand tools, and laser cutting equipment.
All seniors in the School’s BFA program are assigned individual studios within the Art & Architecture Building.
The Art & Architecture building also houses offices for the School’s faculty and staff, classrooms, and an 180-seat auditorium.
2000 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor MI 48109-2069
Faculty and Graduate Studios
The School of Art & Design maintains faculty/graduate studio facilities off-campus at 1919 Green Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. This 33,000 square foot facility accommodates all of the School’s faculty and graduate students in one building, with 66 private studios for all full-time faculty and graduate students, large shared working and meeting spaces, wood, metal and multi-purpose shops and a digital media studio.
1919 Green Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109