Each year, our Alumni exhibition offers an opportunity for Stamps graduates from across the country and internationally to share their current creative work. Held to coincide with Ann Arbor’s expansive summer art fair, the exhibition fills two galleries—Slusser Gallery on U-M’s north campus and Work•Ann Arbor in downtown Ann Arbor. Volunteers are needed to serve on the committee to help plan and execute this all alumni event - if you are interested in volunteering, please contact Amber Connell.
2015: Puzzles, Riddles, and Enigmas
The theme for the 2015 Stamps Alumni Juried Exhibition is "Puzzles, Riddles, and Enigmas". All alumni are invited to submit up to two works on this theme. Submissions should be recent accomplishments and should not have been featured in a previous alumni show.
We are very pleased to have Tom Berding (Associate Professor of Painting, Michigan State University) and Michael Stone-Richards ( Professor of Critical Theory, Visual Studies and Comparative Literary Studies, College for Creative Studies) as the jurors for this show.
Work will be displayed July 13 — August 2, 2015, during the Ann Arbor Art Fair (July 15 - 18). Three jury prizes of $500 and 10 honorable mentions will be awarded.
- May 1, 2015: Entry Due Date
- May 15, 2015: Artwork Selection by jurors
- May 22, 2015: Artist Selection Notification (Shipping Info will be provided)
- June 19 - 20, 2015: Artwork Drop-off Deadline / Shipments Received
- July 6 - 13, 2015: Award Judging Process
- July 13, 2015: Exhibition Opens
- July 17, 2015: Awards Reception
- August 2, 2015: Exhibition Closes
- August 7-8, 2015: Artwork Pick-up