Templates are provided to streamline the workflow of faculty, staff, and students of the Stamps School, as well as to create consistency in all materials representing the Stamps School. Please contact the Communications team if you have specific needs not addressed here.
Follow these instructions to save and install .dotx files as templates in Microsoft Word.
- Download the appropriate Word template below:
Stamps School Letterhead - General Use (Word): This is a general Stamps School letterhead appropriate for color printing and digital distribution.
Stamps Temporary Signage (Word): This document can be used to make temporary signs for posting information about scheduling of classrooms, class cancellations, etc.
- Double-click the resulting .dotx file to open it in Word.
- To save the file as a reusable template, after it opens in Word choose File > Save As... The file should be saved to your "My Templates" folder by default. Click the "Save" button to save the template, then close the template. You'll need to open each .dotx file that you downloaded in step 1, then repeat this step for each template file.
- To create a new file based on a template you installed, choose File > New from Template.... Click My Templates in the resulting window’s left column, select the template you'd like to use, and click the "Choose" button.
- Word should create a new document based on the template you selected. Start editing to create your customized document.
Note: if you don't want to use the file as a template, you don't have to - you can just open the .dotx file in Microsoft Word or Pages, edit and print or save.