Diversity and Inclusion Advisor
Office: 2035 AA
Phone: (734) 936-0671
Since joining the staff of A&D in 1998, Brian Banks has continued to grow both professionally and personally.
A member of the Academic Services Office throughout his A&D career, Banks currently advises undergraduate students and coordinates events such as graduation, orienteering, and The Horizons Upward Bound collaboration. He also conducts tours for prospective students and parents.
Outside of work, Banks is a writer and published author with a passion for helping others. His most recent book, How to Make It in the NBA: A More Realistic Approach, was published in 2006. Banks is the founder of the Deckard Brown Scholarship at Washtenaw Community College, and is a frequent guest speaker at local schools. In 2006, Banks was inducted into the Willow Run High School Hall of Fame (Ypsilanti, Michigan) in recognition of his philanthropic efforts.
In the News
- Stamps and Tennessee State University Collaborative Exhibition
- Finding the Perfect Fit: Stamps Undergrads Win DKNY Shoe Design Competition
- Disney Animator Floyd Norman Visits Campus
- Brian Banks Receives University of Michigan Staff Impact Award
- Staff Spotlight: Brian Banks, Diversity and Inclusion Advisor
- Designing for Diversity: Building Community at Stamps