Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate Handbook

Academic Records/Transcripts

What is the Academic Record?

The Academic Record is the official cumulative record of courses, grades, and credits earned toward a degree, and is maintained at the University Office of the Registrar. The degree is posted to this record once all requirements have been satisfied and the student has graduated. Aka, ‘transcript.’

Who keeps track of my Academic Record?

Students are responsible for enrolling in courses and completing credit hours required for their degree and must pay attention to the accuracy of their academic records. Students may check their unofficial transcript, available in Student Business on Wolverine Access. Students who believe there are errors in their academic record should contact the Registrar’s Office.

Who gets to see my Record?

In accordance with the University of Michigan’s policy regarding Student Rights and Student Records and the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), information about a student’s record is limited to the student and to University officials with a legitimate educational interest consistent with their official functions at the University. People in the Smucker Wagstaff Academic Programs Center (SWAPC) have access to students’ records because that’s what we do. Faculty and other staff do not.

For more information about FERPA, visit ro.umich.edu/ferpa and http://ogc.umich.edu/frequently-asked-questions/student-records/

How do I request a transcript?

All official University of Michigan transcripts must be ordered through the University Office of the Registrar at the Pierpont Commons or requested electronically through Wolverine Access. Students may generate an unofficial transcript for themselves using Wolverine Access.