The Documentation Studio has equipment to quickly and efficiently document small to medium 2D and 3D work.
The studio may be reserved by currently enrolled Stamps students, faculty, and staff with a signed Stamps ECHO Borrower Agreement Form on file. Failure to follow the policies listed below may result in the permanent loss of Studio access in addition to other penalties as necessary.
The studio must be reserved via the ECHO desk or through the online portal. Users will borrow a studio key at checkout that they will need to return when finished. The key is treated like any other ECHO resource and is subject to the same policies. Two keys may be checked out simultaneously by different users. Users are encouraged to only use what space they need in the studio so that it can be shared. Users may reserve both keys if the entire studio is needed for a large or private shoot.
The following standard equipment is available in the studio for all reservations. Users will need to provide their own digital camera and tripod.
- 20”x30” copy stand. Ideal for photographing 2D work.
- 3D LED documentation booth. Fits small and medium 3D work. Contains a built in white seamless roll, 5500K white balanced
- 1x LED hot light on a boom. Dimmable, 5500K white balanced.
- 2x LED hot lights on light stands. Dimmable, 5500K white balanced.
- White, grey, and black seamless backdrop paper. Seamless paper is very delicate and should be handled with care.
- Motorized turntable. Use the turntable to shoot 360º rotations of 3D work.
Location & Contact Info
Access via ECHO key checkout.
Matthew Pritchard, Digital Studio Coordinator
Office: 2145 AA
Phone: (734) 763-6133
Policies & Resources