Full time, part time and internship postings are listed on Handshake - please log into your Handshake account and click on the “Design/Art” job function, or simply use the key words “art” or “design” to search for related jobs and internships. All other postings (freelance, calls for art, etc.) can be found below.
All postings are presented as a service and do not represent endorsement by the Stamps School or the University of Michigan.
- Full Time, Part Time, Internships
- Freelance Art and Design
- Calls for Art
- Calls for Design
- Internships and Student Employment
- Student-to-Student Collaborations
- All other career related opportunities
Internships and Student Employment
April 22, 2020 • Student Employment and Work Study
Get real-life experience with locally owned, nationally known Al Dente Pasta Company
Opportunities in Photography, Video, Visual and Verbal communication, Social Media, Website (WordPress).
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 30, 2020
July 22, 2019 • Student Employment and Work Study
Stamps Digital Fabrication Studio coordinator Mike Vitale is seeking to hire Digital Fabrication Studio Monitors for the 2019-2020 academic year (positions start in Fall 2019).
The Digital Fabrication Studio is located in rooms 1074, 1071, and 1070 of the Art & Architecture Building, and the coordinator’s office is in 1075D.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Digital Fabrication Studio Monitors have responsibilities divided between but not limited to the different machines listed below:
- 3 Form2 SLA 3D printers
- 2 Fusion3 FDM Printers
- 1 Roland GX-400 Vinyl Cutter
- 1 Roland MDX-540A 4-axis CNC Milling Machine
- 1 Shopbot PRS Alpha 4’ x 8’ CNC Router with Rotary Axis
- 1 PLS 6.75 Universal Laser Cutter (with rotary attachment)
- 1 ILS 12.75 Universal Laser Cutter
- 1 Barudan Embroidery Machine
Monitors will help students, instructors, and staff in using the machines within the Digital Fabrication Studio. Monitors should also spend some time practicing on the machines so they may be able to answer operational questions.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting users with operation of the machines
- Assisting users in setting up files for the machines
- Run some machine operations
- Diagnose issues with files
- Other responsibilities as outlined by the Coordinator: examples include lifting boxes delivered to the space, cleaning machines, studio space, work tables, etc.
- Must be attentive and avoid distraction while on duty to ensure user safety on machines!
Applications should be submitted to the Digital Fabrication Studio Coordinator Mike Vitale via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 19, 2019 • Student Employment and Work Study
The Academy Gold Program is a multi-tiered educational and experiential initiative designed to enhance and extend an industry-wide diversity internship enhancement program under the Academy brand. The initiative affords top film entertainment, technology, production services and digital media companies an all-inclusive pass to recruit and educate a nationwide pool of diverse talent. The program offers interns exclusive access to Academy members, industry professionals, screenings, and educational workshops offering an inclusive industry networking experience.
March 1, 2019 • Student Employment and Work Study
Community Action Network (CAN) partners with children, youth, and families from under-resourced Washtenaw County neighborhoods to create better futures for themselves and improve the communities in which they live.
CAN often has jobs available for current students and recent graduates.
November 20, 2018 • Student Employment and Work Study
MOCAD has the following internships available:
Teen Council + Youth Programs Intern
Special Events +Facility Rentals Intern
Grants + Foundation Relations Intern
Curatorial Team Internship