Thanks to the generosity of The Lisa and Tim Sloan Endowed Fund for Student Internships and The Markus Family Fund, the Stamps School is able to provide scholarships (up to $1500) to support internship experiences for qualified freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid, or can provide an alternate explanation of need.
Please note that early application for these funds increases the likelihood of funding. Deadline to apply for funding is May 15.
How to Apply
Students applying for an Internship Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate enrolled in a degree program at the Stamps School of Art & Design. Students participating in an internship after graduation do not qualify.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- Must have completed at least one full academic year at the University of Michigan.
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid, OR provide an explanation of need if you don't qualify for aid. Internship Scholarships are not renewable.
Internship positions must meet the following criteria:
- Internship must be for at least 150 hours.
- Internship duration must be a minimum of six weeks.
- Internship location may be international or domestic.
- Internship may be paid or unpaid.
- Internship must be for credit.
To apply for internship funding, send the following materials to John Luther: