Career Bootcamp is the brainchild of Stamps Alums Sara Radin and Shifra Whiteman. They were then joined by alum Courtney Graham. This annual event attracts students from all levels at the Stamps School.
Bootcamp starts on Friday evening with a pizza party featuring informal networking/informal portfolio reviews with a variety of alums. Saturday is a day-long event to help current Stamps students understand just how advantageous, profitable, and desirable their creative thinking is within the job market - and how to harness that positioning to navigate post-college careers. Breakfast and lunch will be served, so be sure to RSVP!
Career Bootcamp participants will learn the ins and outs of networking, interview skills, freelancing and more! Most importantly, Career Bootcamp is designed to give current students a chance to connect with alums, learn from their experiences, and to cultivate a professional network.
This year’s Bootcamp takes place on October 18 and 19, 2019 and features the following alums:
- Cy Abdelnour / Digital Media Specialist at University of Michigan: Digital Education and Innovation / Ann Arbor / Link
- Rob Brancheau / Color and Materials Designer with Ford Motor Co. / Michigan
- Emma Bumstead / Multimedia Designer / Ann Arbor / Link
- Pablo Cuevas / Retired from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles / Ann Arbor / Link
- Eleanor Dafluar / Media Designer / Ann Arbor / Link
- Megan Flood / Founder and Creative Director of Marine Lane / New York City / Link
- Rachel Friedman / Founder + CEO at TENFOLD / Columbus, OH / Link
- Courtney Graham / Assistant Director of Affiliates & Events at Art Institute of Chicago / Chicago / Link
- Madeline Helland / iX Consultant IBM GBS / Detroit / Link
- Kathleen Hiraga / Pop-Post / Michigan / Link
- Rose Jaffe / Independent Artist / Washington, DC / Link
- Joey Ostrander / Art Director and Film Maker / Detroit / Link
- Sara Radin / Fashion and beauty features editor at Teen Vogue / New York City / Link
- Gabe Schindler / Product Designer at Level / New York City / Link
- Dai Tran / Director of Design, WE Codeword / New York City / Link
- Ariel Wan / Director of Marketing and Programming at The Michigan Theater / Ann Arbor / Link
- Ron Watters / One Custom City/Talking Dolls / Detroit / Link