Calendar of Events
Please Stand By… 2021 Senior Virtual Exhibition Reception
Friday, April 30, 2021, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Calendar: Stamps Events
Join Stamps Gallery in celebration of the Stamps School of Art and Design Class of 2021. The opening reception for Please Stand By…, the 2021 Virtual Senior Exhibition, takes place on Friday, April 30 at 4:00 pm ET on Zoom. No in-person exhibition events are planned at this time due to public health concerns.
Families and friends of the Stamps community, as well as the general public, are invited to join Stamps Deans, Faculty, and Students at 4:00 pm on April 30 for remarks commemorating this momentous occasion in the careers of our student artists and designers.
The event will kick off with welcome remarks by Dean Gunalan Nadarajan and faculty. This will be followed by a series of Zoom meeting conversations, each hosted by a faculty member and led by a student facilitator. Each meeting will focus on a different medium that Stamps Senior students are working in. These Zoom meetings will offer students, their families, and friends the opportunity to engage in lively discussions about their processes of making work, and challenges and triumphs encountered during the course of the academic year. Attendees are free to join any of the meeting during each hour of the program, and may move freely between them.
Schedule: Friday, April 30, 2021
4:00 – 4:30 PM ET / Opening Remarks
- Main Meeting Space – Click here to register
Remarks from Dean Gunalan Nadarajan, Professor Nick Tobier, and nominated student, Ellie Ward
4:30 – 5:30 PM ET / Conversations
- Sculpture – Faculty: Kate Rubin. Join
- Visual Communication – Faculty: Hannah Smotrich, Led by student Stephanie Li. Join
- Fibers/Fashion – Faculty: Patricia Beals, Led by student Taryn Wilcher. Join
- Performance/Installation – Faculty: Roland Graf, Led by students Phoebe Danaher and Allie Burns. Join
- Narrative/Documentary, Session 1 – Faculty: Stephanie Rowden, Led by student Gwen McCartney. Join
5:30 – 6:30 PM ET / Conversations
- Illustration/Photography – Faculty: Andrew Kirshner, Led by students Sunjae Lee and Emily Harris. Join
- 4D/Time-based Media – Faculty: Stephanie Tharp, Led by students Maggie McConnell and Karson Schenk. Join
- UI/UX/Interaction & Product Design – Faculty: Bruce Tharp & Sun Young Park, Led by student Eliana Harrison. Join
- Painting – Faculty: Robert Platt, Led by student Mac Realo. Join
- Narrative/Documentary, Session 2 – Faculty: Stephanie Rowden, Led by student Kai Hamill. Join
This schedule, along with the virtual exhibition, can be found by navigating to stampsgrads.org/classof2021 beginning on April 26, 2021. Please note that registration links for the opening remarks, and every subsequent topic session are unique. To move to a new topic simply click on the link in the schedule.
For more information, contact Joseph Rohrer, Exhibition Coordinator and Preparator, Stamps Gallery: email@example.com or Srimoyee Mitra, Director, Stamps Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stamps events are free and open to the public, and we are committed to making them accessible to all attendees. This event will be online using the Zoom platform with an auto-generated Live Transcript available. If you anticipate needing any additional accommodations to participate, please email Joseph Rohrer (email@example.com) at least one week in advance of the scheduled event so we can arrange for your accommodation or an effective alternative. After receiving your request, our team will follow up with you directly.
For more information, visit: Please Stand By: The 2021 Stamps School Senior Exhibition.
No upcoming occurrences in the timeframe specified for this event.