February 16, 2012
Wayne McGregor is an award-winning British choreographer renowned for his physically testing choreography and ground-breaking collaborations across dance, film, music, visual art, technology and science. He is the Artistic Director of Wayne McGregor | Random Dance in London and Resident Choreographer of The Royal Ballet. McGregor has also been awarded a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire).
McGregor is a frequent creator of new work for La Scala, Paris Opera Ballet, Nederlands Dans Theatre, Stuttgart Ballet and New York City Ballet; as well as movement director for theatre, film (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and music videos (Radiohead's Lotus Flower, which has generated over 14 million hits). His upcoming productions include new work for The Royal Ballet and a new Rite Of Spring for Bolshoi Ballet. In July 2012, McGregor will lead up to 2,000 Londoners in Big Dance Trafalgar Square.
Co-sponsored by the University Musical Society. Part of Pure Michigan Renegade and CORD: the Congress on Research in Dance.
Unless otherwise noted, all programs take place on Thursdays at 5:10 pm at the historic Michigan Theater, located at 603 E. Liberty Street in downtown Ann Arbor, and are free of charge and open to the public.
- 2008. Wayne McGregor l Random Dance. March 25.
- 2011. Chroma - Wayne McGregor. March 4.
- Wayne McGregor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Random Dance - Wayne McGregor.
- Benjamin, Leanne., Mara. Galeazzi, Jonathan. Haswell, Sarah. Lamb, Wayne. McGregor, Max. Richter, Kaija. Saariaho, et al. 2011. Three ballets by Wayne McGregor Chroma ; Infra ; Limen. Heathfield, East Sussex: Opus Arte.
- Handel, George Frideric, John Gay, Alexander Pope, John Hughes, Wayne. McGregor, Danielle. De Niese, Charles. Workman, et al. 2010. Acis and Galatea. Waldron, Heathfield, East Sussex, U.K.: Opus Arte.
- Jennings, Luke. 2008. “Wayne McGregor: Mind in Motion.” Time, April 2.
- McCarthy, Rosaleen, Alan Blackwell, Scott deLahunta, Alan Wing, Kristen Hollands, Philip Barnard, Ian Nimmo-Smith, and Anthony Marcel. 2006. “Bodies Meet Minds: Choreography and Cognition.” Leonardo 39 (5): 475-478. doi:10.1162/leon.2006.39.5.475.
- Purcell, Henry, Nahum Tate, Wayne. McGregor, Christopher. Hogwood, Sarah. Connolly, Lucas. Meachem, Lucy. Crowe, et al. 2009. Dido and Aeneas. Heathfield, United Kingdom: Opus Arte.
- Rocco, Claudia La. 2010. “Action Star Learns Merits of Tenderness.” The New York Times, February 7, sec. Arts / Dance.