Philip Glass & Robert Wilson
The Power of 2
January 15, 2012
Widely credited as one of the greatest artistic achievements of the 20th century, the rarely performed avant-garde opera Einstein on the Beach revolutionized theater, dance and performance. Its legendary, pioneering creators, director Robert Wilson and composer Philip Glass, discuss the initial imagining of this groundbreaking collaboration, the creative process and its trajectory. The conversation will be led by Anne Bogart, the Artistic Director of the New York-based SITI Company and a renowned theater director in her own right.
Note the special day and time for this Penny Stamps Presentation:
Sunday, January 15th at 4:00 pm at the Michigan Theater.
Co-sponsored by the University Musical Society (UMS) and the U-M Museum of Art (UMMA) and Living Arts. Part of Pure Michigan Renegade.
Unless otherwise noted, all programs take place on Thursdays at 5:10 pm at the historic Michigan Theater, located at 603 E. Liberty Street in downtown Ann Arbor, and are free of charge and open to the public.
- Robert Wilson / Philip Glass - Einstein On The Beach. February 1.
- Einstein on the Beach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Philip Glass: Music: Einstein on the Beach.
- Robert Wilson / Philip Glass - Einstein On The Beach - YouTube.
- Glass, Philip. 1978. “Notes: Einstein on the Beach.” Performing Arts Journal 2 (3) (December 1): 63-70.
- Glass, Philip., Robert Wilson, Michael. Riesman, and Philip Glass Ensemble. 1985. Einstein on the beach. New York, N.Y.: CBS Masterworks.
- Obenhaus, Mark., Chrisann. Verges, Philip. Glass, Robert Wilson, Lucinda. Childs, Sheryl Sutton, N.Y.) Obenhaus Films (New York, N.Y.) WNET (Television station : New York, Brooklyn Academy of Music., and Direct Cinema Ltd. 2007. Einstein on the beach the changing image of opera. Santa Monica, CA: Direct Cinema.