All BA and BFA degree students are required to participate in an international experience during their undergraduate study.
How to satisfy the International Experience:
- Study abroad through an accredited program, where credit is earned
- An internship, where credit may or may not be earned
- An independent research, volunteer or service-learning experience
- Three weeks minimum duration
- Location outside the U.S.
- Experience occurred after matriculation at U-M
- Experience does not occur during the first year of the Stamps curriculum
- Experience does not occur during the sophomore review semester
There are additional requirements related to preparing for the international experience, such as completing the relevant M-Compass program application materials and purchasing travel health insurance from the U-M preferred vendor.
The PDFs below were created to help you prepare for your international experience.
- How to prepare
- What do you want from this experience?
- Identifying a Program
- Researching Programs