Faculty/Staff Resources

Faculty & Staff

Faculty / Staff Policies
Finance Office
Grants & Funding
Human Resources
Information Technology
Social Engagement

Human Resources

Conflict of Interest/Conflict of Commitment

To disclose potential conflicts of interest or commitment, please visit M-Inform.  

Faculty Absences

Faculty members are reminded to observe the following procedures when an absence impacts instructional and/or other School obligations:

To report a planned absence, email a&dabsence@umich.edu. Include brief details on the reason for the absence, and arrangements you have made to cover instructional activities or other obligations impacted by the absence. Planned time away from School (ex. conference, exhibition opening) should be reported at least one week in advance. Reminder: Avoid scheduling time away from the School at the beginning or end of a semester. Specifically, faculty are asked to be available roughly two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall semester and to be present during the first and last two weeks of classes for each semester.

To report an unexpected absence due to sudden illness, traffic, or other unforeseen situation, call 734-763-4093 and leave a message including your name, class, and brief instructions for students. As soon as practical, send a followup email to a&dabsence@umich.edu with the information noted above. Messages sent to a&dabsence@umich.edu will reach Stamps Deans, HR staff, and Academic Programs Center personnel.

Faculty/Staff Checkout Form
General Waiver and Permission Release

The general waiver permits the University of Michigan to create materials to capture, record, otherwise document you or your works of authorship in programs and activities at the U-M Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design.

Lecturer Review Guidelines

Please see the following documents for information on lecturer review timetables, criteria, and procedures.

Payment Request Forms

To pay a corporation, or an individual acting as a corporation, please contact the Stamps Finance Office.  

To pay an individual, please use the following form(s):

Professional Development Funding Requests

To request Stamps funding for conferences, exhibitions, performances, etc., please use the following forms:

Temporary Employee / Work-Study Appointment Request Form