Course Listings & Descriptions
- Looking for courses for students from other U-M Units or Minors in Art & Design? Stamps offers a special series of Non-Major Studios, and most Foundations courses are also open to all U-M students. All Foundations courses, as well as most Elective Studios, are open to Stamps Minors.
- Schedule is subject to change; visit Wolverine Access for the most up-to-date information.
- For important information about registering, overrides, degree requirements and more, consult the Student Handbook. If you started at Stamps before 2013, different requirements apply - you can download each year's undergraduate handbook here.
- Need Advising help? If you have a quick question, email AskanAdvisor@umich.edu. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, go to: stamps.genbook.com.
- Closed Courses? Add yourself to the waitlist. Check your U-M email daily for messages and/or overrides.
- Reserved Seats: If the section you want doesn't have a seat available, try another one.
How to Request an Override
- On this page, find the course you'd like to add, drop, or swap. Click on one of the three options to access the short form. Submit it!
- Overrides are issued on a space available basis, with majors and then minors receiving preference. It may take several days before we are able to issue you an override, so please be patient.
- You will be notified by UM email. Check your email every afternoon or evening, and use the override immediately because most overrides last only 24 hours.
- IMPORTANT: Getting an override does not mean that you are admitted to the class (or dropped it). It simply gives you permission to add, drop, or swap the course on Wolverine Access. You will still need to go to Wolverine Access and add/drop/swap once you receive the override.