Course Listings & Descriptions
- Looking for courses for students from other U-M Units or Minors in Art & Design? Stamps offers a special series of Non-Major Studios, and most Foundations courses are also open to all U-M students. All Foundations courses, as well as most Elective Studios, are open to Stamps Minors.
- Schedule is subject to change; visit Wolverine Access for the most up-to-date information.
- For important information about registering, overrides, degree requirements and more, consult the Student Handbook. If you started at Stamps before 2013, different requirements apply - you can download each year's undergraduate handbook here.
- Need Advising help? If you have a quick question, email AskanAdvisor@umich.edu. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, go to: stamps.genbook.com.
- Closed Courses? Add yourself to the waitlist. Check your U-M email daily for messages and/or overrides.
- Reserved Seats: If the section you want doesn't have a seat available, try another one.
- If you would like to get into a Foundation course (ARTDES 100, 105, 115, 120, 125 or 150), please submit a request on August 31 to email@example.com. Be sure to include your 8-digit UMID # and the desired course and section number (for example, ARTDES 100.011). As of that date, overrides will be issued on a space available basis, so check your email daily and if you receive an override, use it immediately. Note: your chances of getting into a Foundation course are much higher if you choose one that meets M/W 6 - 9pm.
- If you would like to get into a non-Foundation course (ARTDES 200 - 416), attend the first class meeting in September and check availability with the faculty member teaching the course.