January 7, 2017
Welcome back to school and Happy New Year, Stampers! I hope the short break allowed you at least a little respite from the hectic end of the term. There 's a lot of stuff going on, so read on!
Here's an opportunity to perfect your figure drawing skills. Check out figure drawing on Tuesday nights 6:30-9:00 sponsored by Ann Arbor Women Artsists at 4844 Jackson Road Suite 100. Contact Kathy Hiner at email@example.com or text 989-751-3062 if interested. You'll need a car tog et there.
News from Mike Vitale, Mr. DIgital Fabrication:
Make your Online Reservations for the Digital Fabrication Studio!
- Go to stamps.umich.edu
- Click on “Current Students”, then “Undergraduate”
- Along the left side of the page, you will see "Digi-Fab Studio Signup", click on this.
- Supply the information needed in each step of the Google form
- Follow the link at the end of the google form to Web Checkout
- Choose "Stamps Digital Fabrication Studio” as your checkout center
- Hit the “+” on the “Future Reservations” bar
- Input the time you wish your appointment to be.
- Digital Fabrication Studio Monitors will then review your request for Approval
It will not be approved if…
-Your file isn’t ready
-The machine you’ve chosen isn’t capable of doing what you’re proposing
-Any other reason we will explain to you in email and ask you to re-reserve a time once changes have been made
We may edit your reservation time before approving if it is judged to be too short or too long for the process you are describing
Before everything gets crazy again, take a minute to check out the Wonderful Wednesday posters. We've changed the start time (11:30) and focused the agenda on the things you told us you wanted more of.
First year students: if you didn't meet with your advsior in December, go ahead and make an appointment now to spend some time reflecting on how that first semester went. For most of you it was great--at least your grades were!
Before the end of the month, advisors will send sophomores copies of their progress toward degree (PTD) forms. PTDs show how your courses count and make it clear what more you need to take during your junior and senior years so you can graduate on time. Your advisors will want to meet with you in March to check on your prepartion for the soohpre reivew so, make those appointments early.
Juniors -- right now is a good time to think about your job prospects. There's a great Wonderful Wednesday session this week that will get you jump-started.
Seniors--hang in there.