March 30, 2017
Here’s information about registration for Stamps classes for fall 2017. Note: If you have a financial hold on your account, you will not be able to register. Please let me know if this is the case.
Register as soon as you can (your registration date and time are in your Student Center on Wolverine Access)
Have a backup class you can take in case you can’t get in to your first choice.
The longer you wait to get help, the worse the problem will be.
If you want a course –any course—and it is closed, get on the wait list.
Check your UM email every day after 1pm if you are hoping for an override
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR ARTDES REGISTRATION
1. Almost everything you need to know in in the section on Registration in the Student Handbook (pp. 69-72).
2. Stamps is not offering any classes during spring or summer terms this year.
3. Three-hundred and four-hundred level studios are open to juniors and seniors. Only. Rising sophomores, the 200s are your playground (see #2).
4. All two-hundred level ArtDes studios classes will have at least 12 seats set aside for sophomores.
5. Two-hundred level courses will close after 3-5 people have registered. When they close, the wait list will open.
6. If you want a seat in a closed ArtDes class, you MUST be on the wait list.
7. Put yourself on the wait list. Don’t know how? Page 71 (section on “overrides”) of the handbook.
GETTING AN OVERRIDE FOR ARTDES CLASSES
1. Every afternoon and most mornings I (Joann) check the wait list and issue overrides so you can enroll in the class.
2. Here is the schedule for issuing overrides
a. if I issue you an override before noon, it will expire at midnight
b. if I issue you an override after noon, it will expire at midnight the next day
c. use it or lose it.
d. overrides show up in your UM email. Check it every afternoon or evening.
3. Once a course is truly full (16-19 students) I will send everyone on the wait list an email message telling them the course is full. That way, you can decide either to wait or you can pick your back up class.
M-Th peer advisors are on duty during the mid-day break (11:30-1:30)
April 3-5 and April 10, 11, 12, 13
Advisors will be available to help you with your schedule
Walk in (side door across from room 2043 will be open)